(The flower to the left is a weed. My favorite.)
What am I doing?
- Picking wild blackberries. So juicy and delicious. I hope I find enough to make a cobbler.
- Swimming and laying out by the pool.
- Riding four wheelers
- Feeding the fish at my father's pond and when they come for the free meal, we catch them. That's lazy man's fishing. So mean. We throw them back. Less dangerous than shooting them with a pistol.
- Eating chicken livers because they are the best ever!
Here are the critters we have seen since we have been home (and I'm not talking road kill):
- Momma skunk and her three babies teetering across the road.
- Possum and six babies scattered on the highway at night.
- Young raccoon.
- Six vultures (pecking at a squashed armadillo.)
- Three wild turkeys and their chicks.
- Giant bull frog, size of my palm.
- Donkeys, goats, Shetland ponies, buffalo, lemurs, llamas, horses, and cattle. (all owned by various family members.)
- Bats, bats and bats.
Does any of this matter? No, but I love nature and revel in the chance to see it up close and personal. Something my California boys never get the opportunity.