Unedited’s Truth Thursdays, here goes:
1. I changed the main clock in the living room to thirty minutes later so my five year old, who can tell time now, won’t whine when he goes to bed earlier than he used to. Don’t judge. He recently stopped taking naps making evenings a living hell. It saves lives, I promise.
2. I read smutty romance novels at red lights.
3. The other day a semi-acquaintance of mine got on her high horse and bragged about the brilliance of her children, having to one up mine with her child’s accomplishments. When the conversation finally changed to her need for new hair dresser, I generously offered her the number of my old stylist...the one I fired for doing a hack job on my hair and fried my ends with over processing. *Smiles*
4. Talking on the phone is a time suck. (I’d rather be writing.) When I have to call someone back, I wait until I think they are out of the house and leave a message.
5. When I make brownies or cupcakes, I lick the bowl clean. When my kids come in the kitchen, sniffing around for bowls, beaters or spoons to lick, I feign regret and tell them I already washed everything.
And that’s the God's honest truth.