Notice the zero writing. Yeah, me too.
As a stay at home mother I get about fifteen hours a week writing, twenty if my husband lets me work on the weekend. Time is of the essence and I spent that time, this week, buffing up on what accomplished writers do. (So see, I worked just not on my novel.)
So I read some blogs on procrastination, yes I know, **insert whining voice here** but I found some really good posts that truly helped me out. Blogs about goal mapping, making a writer’s to do list and how to make the most out of twenty minute writing blocks of time.
After I panicked, I created a list of to do’s for myself. This list is to get me from Point A (passion) to Point B (print). So here it is. Feel free to let me know what I might have left out.
Things to do…
Finish novel Stop reading blogs
2. Stop writing blogs
3. Finish novel
4. Complete the three R’s: Revise, Rewrite and Redact novel (I love this word, it makes me feel…professional)
5. Draft a query letter
6. Join critique group
7. Redact J again, polish and spit shine
8. Scowl at the query draft over in the corner
9. Attend writing classes, workshops, conferences; network with authors, writers and agents
10. Buy and read book about query letters
11. Write query letter with confidence *she says as an affirmation*
12. Research agents and agencies
13. Mail off query
17. Sign with Agent
18. Do step 7 again
19. Find publisher, step 7
20. Done, you have finally arrived, open champaign